Members of the Board of TrusteesPosted: 22 Jun 2017
Post: Members of the Board of Trustees
Closing Date for letter of application: 30th August 2017
Place for Hope is a Scottish Charity, passionate about developing peacemakers in faith communities. We accompany people experiencing conflict and equip and train people to navigate conflict well. To deliver this service, we are privileged to have a highly trained, multi-denominational team of volunteer practitioners who have expertise in mediation, training and facilitation. The practitioners are supported by our small, dedicated and inspirational staff team.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Place for Hope, as an independent Scottish Charity (SCO45224), is an equal opportunity organisation and does not discriminate on the grounds of race, religion or belief, gender, disability, sexual orientation or age.
To help Place for Hope continue to develop, we wish to recruit two experienced people to join our governing body, the board of trustees.
We are looking for individuals who can help direct Place for Hope towards achieving its mission and ensure the organisation is managed effectively. Successful applicants would be required to:
- make a commitment to Place for Hope and devote the necessary time (approximately 2-3 days per quarter)
- have strategic vision, independent judgement, an ability to think creatively and a willingness to speak their mind
- ideally, the new trustees will have skills and experience in one or more of the following areas:
- networking and relationship building with our partners in peacebuilding
- experience of a faith community
- expertise in marketing, fundraising or human resources
We will reimburse trustees’ training, travel and accommodation expenses and provide an induction into Place for Hope’s work.
Application will made in writing, noting why you would like to be considered and the skills and experience you would bring to the role. Please email this letter to: Nancy Adams, Chair of the Board of Trustees at firstname.lastname@example.org
Download the background information pack below.
For an informal discussion about the role, contact Ruth Harvey, Director, on 07884 580357 or email@example.com